Samantha Wills Night Song Christmas Gift Pack But… we are shopping for others, so check out Samantha Wills Christmas Gift Packs.
Turtle xox http://houseofturtle.com.au
PS. Things have admittedly been quiet of late. I have been quite unwell and spent the last week in hospital. On the mend now, so House of Turtle will be back on track very soon. Don’t leave me dear readers, I have not forgotten you. xox
Arthur Galan dress and jacket, Samantha Willis songbird necklace in coral, L’Oreal Paris Nutrisummer, Ashbury Day Tripper shades in red, Sportsgirl striped cotton scarf, Trove Tkees sandles in foundations – beach bum, Mimco Natura clutch, Country Road trilby, Mimco Lucy tote, Mimco Poppy Love brooch, Annick Goutal Eau d’Hadrien
Spring has sprung… And with it comes warmer days, lighter dressing and outdoor socialising. That means, it’s time to update your wardrobe… and your winter habits.
Here’s some essential tips for Spring:
1. Move away from the black! Whilst we love it, it starts to look a bit heavy at this time of year. Update your wardrobe with oranges and peaches – the ‘It’ colour of the season. And, if you must wear black (like me) – pick some key pieces and mix them up
2. Make sure you wear SPF everyday and carry a hat and sunnies with you at all times. Be smart, opt for fake tan instead of a real one
3. Ditch the red wine. If you’re anything like me, this is also hayfever season. The histamines in wine are only going to make that worse. Order a cocktail instead. I love Japanese Slippers – which is made from equal parts Midori, lemon juice and Triple Sec. Mix them together with some ice in a cocktail shaker. Shake shake shake – and pour into a cocktail glass. Yum!
4. Update your scent – opt for something light and fresh. Try something with citrus notes, like Annick Goutal Eau d’Hadrien which is made up of Sicilian lemon, citron, grapefruit and cypress
5. Finally, get out and about – the sun is shining, the air is crisp… Enjoy!
Want to win tickets to the exclusive Blackberry Curve launch tonight in Melbourne? Thanks to Midori, I have two tickets to this exciting event at Carousel, Albert Park Lake at 7pm. To enter, become a fan of the House of Turtle fan page on Facebook and then comment and tell me what you like to mix Midori with! The competition will close at 3.30pm EST – then the winner will be drawn from a hat. Make sure you are free to attend the event tonight! There are two tickets for ONE winner.
The challenge for entrants was to tell us their fave items for spring. There were some great entries, which made it a tough job for the judges to choose the winner.
Here’s Jamie’s entry:
“My favorite? Has to be distressed denim, particularly the heavily distressed Siwy Hannah in Tempest. And with that must, MUST come a bit of a glam look.
It was hard for me to really try to explain it, so I wanted a visual. Polyvore was perfect.
And, the Noir Ceramic goes AMAZINGLY with the fashion-forward look, if I do say so myself!“
Click here for more details about the competition. Click ‘Comments’ to see the entries.
The new collection is pretty cool too. Check it out!
7. Hollywood’s latest denim obsession,Jet by John Eshaya is now available at Miijo
8.Bruno is out. At the cinemas (Ange and I are seeing it tonight – can’t wait)
9. The results of theAustralia Beauty Awards 2009 are in.
- keep it simple with these Lace Roxanne Earrings
Add a splash of colour to your outfit AND keep your neck warm with this Tassle Trim Scarf
Like lace, sequins are also making a comeback – why not go all out with this kitchy Sequin Beret
I love sales, particularly Mimco‘s sales. They always have great items that are perfect for staying in touch with the latest fashion trends, for a fraction of the price.
Above are some key pieces from their sale range that will keep you on trend this winter. These pieces are perfect for adding that special touch to your outfit without going overboard or breaking your piggy bank.